An instructor for The Big Sit:
- possesses good knowledge of the foundational skills of mindfulness,
- has completed a recognized mindfulness-based programme such as MBSR or MBCT, or at least one week-long silent mindfulness meditation retreat,
- sustains their own regular mindfulness meditation practice,
- advocates mindfulness as a way of life,
- is committed to propagating the practice of mindfulness as a preventative approach to improving mental health,
- aligns with The Big Sit's intention of inspiring people and communities to make use of public and social spaces to practice mindfulness,
- and is committed to further developing themselves as mindfulness practice teachers and facilitators.
If you are keen to become a part of The Big Sit community as an Instructor, please reach out to us by expressing your interest.